Not all inventions have been successful. Here are some bizarre inventions that will make you wonder what their inventors were thinking!
1. A fold-up piano, designed for bedridden patients, Britain, 1935:
2. The Hamblin glasses, for easy reading in bed, England, 1936:
3. A stroller resistant to possible gas attacks, England, Hextable, 1938:
4. A portable radio hat, made by an American inventor, 1931:
5. Swimsuits of wood to make swimming easier! Washington, US, 1929:
6. A baby stroller with a built-in radio, antenna and loudspeaker, to keep baby entertained, United States, 1921:
7. An amphibious bicycle, the Cyclomer, made for travel on land and water to carry up to 120 pounds. Paris, 1932:
8. The motorized unicycle, invented by an Italian in 1931, that could reach a speed of 150 kilometers per hour:
9. Swimming floats made from knotted bicycle tires, Germany, 1925:
10. Plastic face shields to protect from snow and cold, Montreal, Canada, 1939:
Which of these incredible inventions would you have liked to see implemented? Let us know in the comments below.
Search for your ancestors: