Participate in the contest and win a free family reunion! We're very excited to launch a joint contest with Family Tree Magazine, the leading family history magazine in the USA, to celebrate long-lost relative discoveries! Lots of amazing prizes to be won! Read on…
Ever discovered a long-lost relative through your family history research?
Share your “long-lost relative discovery” with us and enter a contest to win a free, expenses-paid reunion with them, a year-long VIP subscription membership with Family Tree Magazine and a three-year Premium-Plus subscription with leading family history site MyHeritage.com (among other prizes - a digital subscription to Family Tree Magazine and a 3-year Premium-plus subscription on MyHeritage.com for the two runners-up!).
It takes just a few moments to write a sentence or two about your discovery of a long-lost relative and what this meant to you- either in the comments section below this blog post, on the MyHeritage.com Facebook page or the Family Tree Magazine Facebook page.
This is all you need to do to enter the contest and win a chance to meet your long-lost relative for the first time!
A few tips regarding your entry:
- What relation is your long-lost relative?
- Did you actively search for them or find them by chance? Or did they find you?
- When was the discovery made?
- Describe the personal impact of this discovery. Did it change you or cast new light on your family's legacy?
- What would it mean to you to be able to meet your long-lost relative?
We'd love to hear from all of you - regardless of your location. Sharing family history discoveries and personal stories provides a great source of inspiration for others researching their own families. However, to enter the contest, there are a few rules:
- No purchase necessary.
- Each entrant takes responsibility for any third-party consent.
- Winners will be chosen randomly by Family Tree Magazine - although Facebook likes will be taken into account.
- Odds of winning are directly related to how many people enter the contest.
- One winner will be chosen to win the grand prize. Two will be chosen to win the secondary prize.
- The timing of the reunion trip will be scheduled during summer 2011.
- Restrictions apply to the paid-for reunion: Paid expenses include a round-trip economy flight ticket for one person to meet with the long-lost relative in the US (or alternatively, if the long-lost relative resides outside the US, an international return flight for the relative to the US), a two -night stay at a selected hotel and $300 personal expenses.
- Only those with no prior meeting with the long-lost relative are eligible for the grand prize – and must be willing to participate in a family reunion.
- The winning entry and long-lost relative (s) are required to participate in any related media opportunities/interviews.
- The contest begins at 12AM ET June 8, 2011, and ends at 12AM ET June 15, 2011.
- The entrant is responsible for anything in regard to the legality of entering a contest in the area in which the entrant lives.
- Rules may be updated at any time without notice.
- Winners will be notified via their provided contact information the week following the end of the contest.
- Winners have seven days to claim their prize.
- One entry per person.
- To be eligible to win, the entrant must live in the United States. There are no restrictions on the residential location of the “long-lost relative.”
There'll be three lucky winners! If you have a favorite tell us by either commenting below or clicking on the “like” button on entries on the two Facebook pages: MyHeritage.com Facebook page or Family Tree Magazine Facebook page.