Spending time with family is vital for maintaining a happy family with strong relationships. The more time you spend together, the better chance you have of bonding over quality experiences.
Last week we asked you to send in your best fatherly advice. We wanted to hear the advice you have given your children, or advice your father has given you.
We received lots of great pearls of wisdom and in honor of Father's Day we wanted to share our favorite ones with you.
- Frances Lynch: My father always said "look after the pennies and the pounds will mind themselves". So true!
- Debbie Baldwin: "A friend is like a dollar in your pocket."
- Diana N Gary Dinsick: "When in doubt do the right thing."
- Ali Eltigani Mahmoud: "Don't make friends with money."
- Susan Yeatman: "Don’t let anyone make you do something that you don’t want to do."
- A Phakade Mchunu: Our Dad said "Manners and honesty are your passport to success."
- Nancy Mendes: My father taught me what family truly is and not to be selfish. RIP Albert Henry Smith
- Lillian Heron: Dad used to say "Never think anyone is more important than you and never think anyone is beneath you. Treat everyone as your equal and most important - be yourself".
- Barbara Pettard: My father taught me by example: honor, trust, honesty & truth!
- Prisca Campbell: "Never let the gas tank fall below half empty". I still hear my Dad's voice in my head whenever I look at the gas gauge.
- Geraldine Barker: Ever the entrepreneur his advice: "Always buy land because God isn't making it anymore".