Happy Father’s Day!
We asked you to share your memories and sayings from your father. We wanted to know how he had an impact on your life, whether it was advice, a loving saying or a life lesson.
We received numerous responses completing the sentence: “My father used to say… .”
Here are some of our favorites:
- Maureen Kennedy: I was always bothered about being smaller than my friends; my dad used to say, "The best things come in little packets."
- Barbara A. Morgan: My dad died 33 years ago in January. When we talked about cornbread and asked daddy why he didn't like it, he would always say: "Corn is for horses," and if we said our nose was running, he would say "and your feet smell." Sure do miss him.
- Noel Barbaso: My father used to say: “To pass on to the future the ideals and aspirations of the past is an obligation of the present.”
- Mary Le Myre: “Once bitten, twice shy.”
- Valerie Warunek: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" and " silence is golden."
- Rebecca Fisher: Mine used to say “always look where you are going” (especially watch your feet).
- Jim N Del Dennis: “You cannot put old heads onto young shoulders.”
- Brian Grieves: “Be truthful in all things and you will get respect and the truth back.”
- Catherine Phillips - My father used to say “when you are feeling down keep busy.” It is the best advice and I follow it to this day.
- Jacquelyn Rayma Justice: " Daddy taught me, "Don't be afraid of anything, but be aware of everything."
- Kay Wiley Parcel: "My father used to say " A place for everything and everything in its place."
- Joanne Benger: “Always talk to your children.”
- Robert Cooper Young: My father used to say, and still does, “I am not always right, but I am never wrong.”
- Thomas Greene: “If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.”
- Kathleen Wharmbizzle: “No matter where you go, there you are.”
- Nelia Kruger: His saying always was; ''unbelievable and beautiful!”
- Mary LaCoste: “Be kind even to your enemy: It will save you in the long run!”
- Susan Williams Milam: "Don't put anything in writing that you wouldn't want posted on the front page of the newspaper." and "hate is a very strong word."
- Karen Sterling: “Get a good education so that you never have to depend on someone else.”
- Pat Platt: “Work hard for anything you have.”
- Diane Carpenter: "Never turn your back on family and friends because you never know when you might need them."
- Brenda Creighton: "Don't make no never mind."
- Sandy Hills: "Have something to be proud of to hand down to your children and their children as well."
- Peter Bradshaw: My father used to say, "That's not the worst thing that's going to happen to you in your life."
- Joy Dyson: "If you want it, you will earn it," and "live for today, for tomorrow may never come."
Congratulations to Noel Barbaso on winning a free one-year Premium Plus subscription to MyHeritage.com! Thanks to everyone who participated.
Happy Father’s Day!