Thank you to everyone who participated in last week’s oldest wedding photo competition. All the entries were fantastic and captured the beauty and significance of the person’s special day. The oldest entry was from 1846!
With over 40 photos received, participation was above our expectations. It was great to see the lives of your families and the rich history brought to life with the stories that accompanied them.
We've selected the top 10 photos and want you to vote for the final winner. Below you can see the top 10 photos in no particular order:
1. Wedding of Matthew Patrick to Jane Lillian Taylor; in Blythswood, Glasgow, Scotland; October 14, 1927.
2. William Patrick Dowling and wife Lily Rhienhart (standing) with Roger Corbett and Kate Campbell; Auckland, New Zealand; 1897.
3. Louis (Essiah Leib) Snoparsky and Jennie (Sheindle) Gordon; Providence, Rhode Island; March 19, 1929.
4. Kálmán János and Kálmán Hermina; Budapest, Hungary; November 27, 1869.
5. Michael Hoda (1882-1937) and Maria Kuklova (1889-1970); Ostrava, Marianske Hory, Czech Republic; November 11, 1911.
6. Beatrice Elizabeth Ash and James Frederick Parker; June 6, 1910.
7. Jozsef Klein and Terez Webermann; Eger, Hungary; March 25, 1894.
8. Antonie Peeters (1885-1968) and Pieternella Adriana François (1884-1966); Rotterdam, Netherlands; October 25, 1910.
9. Ashton and Abigail Highfill Hundley; Atchison, Kansas; June 11, 1901.
10. Stella and Harry Theologes; Chicago, Illinois; March 20, 1912.
Voting will last through April 30, with results posted in early May.
Vote below for the wedding photo you think should win.