The event brings together genealogy and technology. It's a great place to share and learn from top genealogists and technologists about technology tools to help with your family history research.
MyHeritage Founder and CEO Gilad Japhet will give the keynote speech at 8.30am on Saturday, March 23, in Hall 1. He will unveil MyHeritage breaking news, so don’t miss out!
Gilad will speak alongside David Pogue, personal technology weekly columnist for The New York Times and a monthly columnist for Scientific American.
- Want to win a one-year data subscription? Visit our booth and tell us how far your family tree goes back. Each day, one lucky winner with the most recorded family tree will receive a one year’s free and unlimited access to MyHeritage’s online digital archive – SuperSearch – with access to over four billion historical records and millions of public family trees and newspaper articles.
Visit the US and international MyHeritage team at booth 325:
- Our resident genealogy experts will present "mini-lectures" and demo sessions throughout the day - visit the booth for details
- Bring your GEDCOM to booth 325, find relatives in 5 minutes with Smart Matching™ and receive a free gift.
- Try our exciting services and products and receive 25% off MyHeritage subscriptions at our booth.
- Have you downloaded the new version of the MyHeritage app to your iPhone, iPad or Android? Visit our booth, show us the app and receive a special gift. Don’t have it yet? Get it for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play so you can build and edit your family tree and take your heritage with you anywhere you go.
The MyHeritage RootsTech team includes:
- Gilad Japhet, Founder and Chief Executive Officer
- Yuval Ben Galim, Chief Operations Officer
- Ori Soen, Chief Marketing Officer
- Russ Wilding, Chief Content Officer
- Sagi Bashari, Chief Technology Officer
- Ran Peled, Chief Architect
- Uri Gonen, Senior Vice President of Product Management
- Noah Tutak, General Manager, USA
- Roger Bell, VP Product
- Daniel Horowitz, Chief Genealogist
- Schelly Talalay Dardashti, US Genealogy Advisor
- Mark Olsen, Business Development Manager, MyHeritage USA and WorldVitalRecords
In addition, Geni.com and WorldVitalRecords staff will be present.
MyHeritage team members will be speaking throughout the conference:
Thursday, March 21
- Noah Tutak of Geni.com will discuss the benefits of collaborative genealogy, with “Online Collaboration: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly,” at 11am in Room 255F.
- Daniel Horowitz, MyHeritage Chief Genealogist, will give an introduction to MyHeritage, with his talk on “MyHeritage Treasure Trove: An overview of all products and features for genealogists on MyHeritage” at 1.45pm in Room 255A.
- Daniel Horowitz, MyHeritage Chief Genealogist, will be on a "Future of Genealogy" panel at 11am in Hall 1.
Friday, March 22
- Justin Balthrop, CTO of Geni.com, will teach basics of Clojure programming language to in "Building Genealogy Apps using Clojure and Functional Programming," at 1.45pm in Room 257A.
- Michael Berkovich, MyHeritage Software Architect (USA), will discuss building iOS mobile applications for genealogy in his workshop "Family tree in your pocket - how to build an iPhone app using Geni API," at 4.15pm in room 257A.
- Daniel Horowitz, MyHeritage Chief Genealogist, will give a talk on "Crowdsourcing: When the power of many benefits all," at 4.15pm in Room 258.
Saturday, March 23
- MyHeritage Founder and CEO Gilad Japhet will give the keynote speech at 8.30am in Hall 1, with David Pogue, weekly personal-technology columnist for The New York Times and a monthly columnist for Scientific America
- Daniel Horowitz, MyHeritage Chief Genealogist, will present “Meet your Match: How MyHeritage SmartMatches and Record Matches can help you overcome brick walls,” at 11am in Room 255A.
- Mark Olsen, Business Development Manager at MyHeritage USA and WorldVitalRecords will speak on “SuperSearch: How to find your missing ancestors on the MyHeritage search engine,” at 1.45pm.
For more information on the sessions, click here.
We look forward to seeing you at RootsTech at booth 325. Let us know if you are coming to the event in the comments below. If you can’t attend in person, check out our updates on our blog posts and on our Twitter, Facebook and Google+ pages.
Search for your ancestors: