News you want to share with your family? Messages? Announcements? Information?
Keep everybody on board sharing information that relates to you or any present or past member of your family, and write and record family history as you do it.
To keep a constant communication stream, use the bar right below the "Family news" headline in the family site home page. There you can write updates of anything you might by doing, thinking or planning, anything you want to tell others about, like how you like your new family dog!
Furthermore, discover all the possibilities that you can find in
the Activities tag in the main menu of your MyHeritage site. This tag works something like a "family communications center". Here is a brief introduction to its features:
* News articles: Find the Articles page and upload news of family interest. You can include attachments if you like for more details.
* Message boards: Enter messages of any kind. Ideal for quick announcements, small notes, even gossip! People are able to reply to your messages, so you can get feedback (you can set up email alerts when someone replies).
* Polls: Create a poll and leave certain family matters on the hands of the majority's decision. Which one was our best family holiday? Summer in the mountains? Christmas at the lake? The next one to come? Let everybody decide!
* Recipes: Develop the family cookbook uploading recipes. It's a great tool as someone is always asking for that recipe that have been running in the family for years. Have a look at our previous post about this feature for more details.
* Links: Share the websites you would like to recommend. The link to the travel agency that really worked for you, where to buy online nice and cheap baby's clothes, or even the most curious thing you've seen in the Web.
* Guestbook: Visitors can leave messages and say hello to everybody in the Guestbook page of your family site.
All the activity happening in these features will be constantly announced in the family site home page, so be sure that everybody will be on board.
And spread the word among your family about the possibilities in the "Activities" tag! Invite all to start a family communication stream that can help you strengthen the bonds and develop a real sharing community. That's what family is all about, isn't it?
Search for your ancestors: