Everyone knows what it's like to have stacks and stacks of unorganized photos. We all wish we had the time to sort through them but never get around to it. If only organizing photos was more fun... and less of a chore.
With the new MyHeritage advanced photo tagging feature you can have all of the people in your photos tagged and organized in minutes. Here's how it works:
1. Upload your photos
You can upload a single photo, multiple photos, or even import them directly from your favorite photo sharing website. Currently, we support Flickr, Facebook, Myspace, Picasa, Webshots, Photobucket, Freewebs, and Windows Live. So if your pictures are already on the web you can get started right away.
2. Tag people
Once your photos are online you can quickly tag them in the 'Tag People' section of the Photos tab. Simply pick a collection, name the person in the collection, and click Save. That's it! All photos of that person are instantly tagged. The next time you go to tag your photos you will also get suggestions, making tagging that much easier.
The magic is done by MyHeritage behind the scenes. Our technology automatically detects the faces in your photos and groups them for you. So you can tag away and complete in a few seconds what would otherwise take hours.
3. Enjoy your photos
The MyHeritage photo tagging feature integrates seamlessly with your existing photo albums and family website. You can easily view all faces of anyone you've tagged and see where that person appears in the photo.
You can even view your photos directly from your family tree. Use MyHeritage to share your photos with your family and friends. Invite them to join you on your family website and you will be sharing and enjoying your photos in no time.
How is MyHeritage different?
* MyHeritage is open. You can import photos to MyHeritage from other sites, and export the tags back.
* MyHeritage is the perfect place to collaborate with your family, share photos and tag them together.
* MyHeritage supports 25 languages (sneak update: 9 more coming very soon), for families that are spread across the globe.
* MyHeritage features Face Cloud, a fun way to interact with your photos, highlighting the important people in your life.
* MyHeritage allows you to do a full search for photos within your collection or family, quickly and easily, or browse through millions of public photo albums.
Coming soon to MyHeritage
* Fully automated tagging. Turn auto-pilot on and all your new photos will be tagged!
* Export tags back to where you imported the photos. Flickr users will be delighted to use MyHeritage for tagging while keeping their photos on Flickr, and enjoying new automatic tags on Flickr.
* Tagging and face recognition API (for all you developers out there). Email BD at MyHeritage dot com for partnership inquiries.
Search for your ancestors: